Thursday, August 5, 2010

Some Realizations

"We need to resist making unhelpful distinctions where we play off one thing against another. Prayer for example, is not opposed to work; and the search for solitude is not opposed to active involvement in our world." -Charles Ringma

This sentence from Charles Ringma blew me off! Caught me off guard. Its been like forever when I last updated this spiritual journey of mine. Busy, I would say. Too busy to listen and make some realizations on life and spirituality. I focused so much on my other blog where I share my travels and running escapades. 

To be honest, I was groping in the dark. I had some reflections when I went on a 2-week backpacking trip but I always try not to focused on them. I can also remember the times where I spent conversing with God in an island off Guimaras and inside the chapel in Trappist monastery. Yes, I talk to God even in Catholic churches and I always find God there.

My point, I think our work or what keeps us busy or going is not opposed to prayer. We converse with God in our daily activities. I observed the Trappist monks that their work is their prayer. We can do that too!

Thank God I'm still in my sanity and I was able to have some solitude while involving myself to the community I'm in.

Just pray that I will make more time to update this journey. I want to look back on this blog and find the development God is doing in my life.

0 comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails